Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Day With My Beloved Husband!

I love spending time with my Petey :). Today was off to a leisurely start with a nice relaxed morning together at home. At around 12:30 we left for Gaylord to do our monthly Meijer/www.gfs.com "big shopping".

For this shopping sometimes we go to Gaylord, sometimes to Cadillac, sometimes to Mt. Pleasant, sometimes to Midland - they're all about an hour away from us, give or take. And when we want to spend a day, and also visit Oryana (one of my favorite places!), some thrift stores, and the largest Meijer in the state, we go to Traverse City which is about 70 miles of beautiful winding hilly roads and scenery away.

Anyway, today we picked Gaylord. And stopped at the truck stop just off the highway in Waters and had some excellent salads for lunch. In Gaylord we went to Meijer first, and I was quite disappointed because they didn't have everything I wanted, which is pretty unusual. Next stop their Sav-a-Lot - we have one here in Houghton Lake, but the one in Gaylord is bigger so I wanted to see what they had the we don't. Then to GFS for our frozen veggies among other things...then a stop at Glen's for the things that Meijer didn't have. The only thing I came home without, in the end, were shiritake noodles; some Meijer stores have them and some don't and I can't always remember which do. Or don't :).

It was a good day because I spent it with Pete. I love being with him, talking with him, listening to him, laughing with him...I love the whole package. And these occasional days that we can spend together, no matter what we're doing, are the jewels in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment