Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Sound of Windows Live Mail - CRASH!

If you have been following, I have struggled to find an email client that I can use with this Win7 starter edition on Nellie (my new netbook). The features I HAD to have:
- ability to manage multiple POP accounts
- ability to archive messages into multiple directories and subdirectories
- import/export capabilities cross-client
- no junk, bells, whistles, whirligigs or thingamajigs.
- NOT web-based; local storage

Seems like that would be a simple enough thing to accomplish, right? Of the email clients I tried, none did what I needed them to do, efficiently or simply. So I tried Windows Live Mail. While it is quite different and I'm still getting used to it, at least it does everything listed above...the one thing it DOESN'T do is stay up.

At least a dozen times during the day it crashed. And it usually takes with it whatever email I was in the process of transferring to the appropriate archive, or at least corrupts it so it's no longer readable. AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES A DAY! Yeah, really!

What to do now...I don't know. I've tried and deleted so many...but I can't keep losing emails left and right, or putting up with the frustration of yet another crash. (There have been times when it has literally crashed every 10 minutes!)

I need to figure something else out - yet again ...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, dear :). I see how reliably that works on your computer - lol. (How many times have you had to reinstall it so far?)
    Although seriously I have the goal of using it as my main o/s, and using Win7 only for what I can't do on Ubuntu. I just need more assurance that it won't let me down during yellowjacket season :).

    ReplyDelete