Friday, May 7, 2010

Got a Referral...

...to a gastro guy. My doc had said a gastro surgeon, this guy doesn't have surgery listed on the website. So if I end up needing that, will I have to wait for yet another referral to yet another doctor?...at least we don't have socialized medicine yet, so my wait will be in terms of weeks rather than years...

Anyway, I see this guy on May 25th. Wonder what tests he'll want to do, and how long it will take to get them?

Meanwhile, I've tried the bland (read: carby!) diet that my doc suggested, and was sicker than sick. I'm back on my low carb regimen (the word "regimen" has a negative connotation, I think - and eating low carb is totally positive!), and back down to the pain/swelling levels I had before I tried the rice and white bland junk.

Got through the day yesterday without a single pain pill. Not because I didn't have pain of course, but because I really fear addiction. I was starting to choose relative comfort (meaning the pain/swelling/bloating wasn't bad enough to make me short of breath) over fear of addiction. But I think I'd rather deal with pain now than have to overcome an addiction later.

Just some of my thoughts on what's going on.

Today I'm doing some stuff in the kitchen which is one of my favorite things to do. Making some crackers, a jelly roll panful of Oopsie "bread" - focaccia style, will also do up some cookies. Maybe if the rain clears up, Pete will grill the steak for supper; we'll also have a salad on the side. If I have any energy, or can still move :), after all this I'll clean some cages - another favorite thing to do. Not the actual cleaning, which ok but of course kinda messy, but the playing-with-birds that happens at the same time.

So I'm still doing some things, taking breaks as needed to put my feet up (naturally helps) but doing as much as I can. I may be more comfortable in the chair with my feet up, but that just ain't livin'!

Next update as I have anything to report...

No comments:

Post a Comment