Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Funny Mom #lewybody

I took my mom to the beauty shop to get her hair done today. We've been going there for several years, and whenever we walk in the door all of the beauticians look up from what they're doing and say "Hello Renee!" and she just loves going there. She was much more delusional and confused than usual today but at least in a good frame of mind.

They had a new gal there, Theresa. And she did my mom's hair. (We keep a photo of my mom with her hair done the way she likes it in the drawer at this little 4-booth salon, because she's no longer able to articulate her preferences.) Beautiful Theresa had dark hair with a wide streak of blue running through it - very cute on her. She had my mom's photo but had a question about it, and asked my mom to clarify something. My mother couldn't answer, so she just said, "Do whatever you want, use your imagination, I'm sure it will be fine!" Theresa said, "You don't know that, Renee, you could walk out of here with blue hair!" and without missing a beat my mom said, "Is that what happened to you?"

Everybody - including my mom, beauticians, and customers alike - just burst out laughing :). A moment of happy normalcy for my mom...wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Would've loved to have seen that! It's so nice to make those good memories despite the challenges she has :)

    ReplyDelete