Thursday, June 30, 2011

These look like the best stud pants for my #cat

My last cat, Bruce, started urinating all over the house in the last months before he died at the age of 15+. It took me a year and a half before I could bear the thought of another cat...and I didn't consider the whole peeing thing when I brought home Sleepee from the shelter. He is a healthy middle-aged neutered male cat whose life's work is apparently drowning - literally - every trace of Bruce from my home. I'm constantly running around with the box of baking soda (which works better than the professional-strength spray my husband brought home from the hotel where he worked)...anyway, I will soon be ordering these. Sleepee can be quite mean (ask the groomer who did his lion cut - ouch!), when things don't go his way, but SOMETHING has to be done so he will simply have to learn to wear these! Then I will have the carpets professionally cleaned, and hopefully will be able to replace them with flooring next year...


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this. I am going through something similar with my 15 year old cat. About 9 months ago she began pooping in the floor beside her box. Nothing had been changed from what she was used to it made no sense. We took her to the vet and they ran a bunch of tests and found NOTHING wrong with her.

    Then she began peeing where she pooped. I put down puppy pee pads and she stopped pooping beside the box but she pees daily on the puppy pee pads.

    She is losing weight and is getting other odd behaviors. My daughter-in-law works with pets and says cats often get dementia near the end of life. I am torn as to what to do with her to help her through this.

    What else did your first cat do near the end that I should watch for?

    ReplyDelete