Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lewy Body Awareness Week Oct. 10-16, 2010 #lewybody

I will be posting daily about Lewy Body Dementia this week. You can click on the title of any of the blog posts (when you are reading from my blog, not from elsewhere) to get the the Lewy Body Dementia Association to learn more about this disease, from which my mother suffers, as well as many many others. It is the 2nd leading cause of dementia, and is often misdiagnosed with tragic or even fatal consequences. Those of us with loved ones with a dementia diagnosis must arm ourselves with knowledge, and see to it that accurate diagnoses are made, and appropriate treatment protocols are followed.

One of the ways to learn more about LBD is to read the first-hand accounts of those who are dealing with it on a day-to-day basis, either as caregivers or as victims. Below is a list of LBD-related blogs, which is by no means exhuastive, but I hope that if any readers know of others they will inform me so that I can add to the list through updates. But these are the blogs that I follow:

Back Door Logic
Living With A Thief Named Lewy Body
Lewy Body Dementia, Dad and Me
A Psychiatrist With Lewy Body Dementia (Note: David hasn't posted in quite a while, but his earlier postings are still there to read.)
Lewy Body Dementia
Living With Lewy Body

No comments:

Post a Comment