Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Big Nell is Home

Well, it took a few weeks from broken to fixed but Big Nell got home a couple of weeks ago, and with a new hard drive.

She's running just fine now, and all the little niggling problems that made me nuts before are resolved...probably the original hard drive had defects, and that's why I had so much trouble with running Ubuntu and Linux Mint so was stuck using Windows, and even had miscellaneous aggravations with that!

Anyway, I now have Linux Mint installed and it's running perfectly. Still using Windows during the day for my job because it's where all of my files and software are currently loaded, but that will change so I can use Mint all the time instead.

The hassle of returning Big Nell was still a hassle. But now my husband is happy with his new computer (he hasn't had a new one in 6½ years, I've had at least 2 new ones since then!) and I'm happy to have Big Nell back, AND WORKING PROPERLY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment