Monday, August 22, 2011

Powerful Words from Yesterday's Message at #Church

For some odd reason, we are great at finding reasons not to attend church, not to get involved, & not to commit, but we are lousy at finding reasons to be obedient to God.

Why is that?

We are listening to the wrong voices.

I’m talking about the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms that are out to destroy you.

Why do we listen to them?

Because they say what we like to hear.

They don’t require us to die to self.

They don’t require us to sacrifice.

They don’t require a commitment.

They don’t want you to read God’s Word.

They don’t want you to pray for the world.

In fact, the enemy of our souls discourages all that.

Then our lazy carnal self likes the idea of a free pass into heaven, cheap grace at little cost, & let someone else worry about doing God’s work in the world.

This is the same voice that deceived Adam & Eve into eating what God forbid them from eating.

It is the same voice that has destroyed God’s perfect world.

Are you going to continue to listen to the voice of deception, or [isten to] the voice of Truth?

2 comments:

  1. "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns www.christianlyricsonline.com/artists/casting-crowns/voice-of-truth.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 10:27 came to my mind...but to hear His voice and then ignore it? Even though I've been-there-done-that (every time I sin in fact), it makes me fearful even to think about it.
    This morning's Lazaroo is also pertinent: http://lazaroo.com/lazaroo-august-23-2011/
    Although it only cites one of the verses, 2John 1:7-11 applies here...

    I try not to get too cocky about it all...there were so many years I loved and served Jesus and couldn't imagine life without Him; nearly every day I swore to Him that I'd never leave Him...but I did and for several years I turned my back on Him and lived for the world.

    I am so thankful that He called me back, set circumstances into motion that sent me running back to Him...but it taught me a lesson that the enemy is cunning and the heart can be fickle given the right (wrong!) circumstances. It has made me feel compassion rather than superiority toward back-sliders, people whose pain - like mine - is so great that they run from it, and Him, in an effort to extinguish it no matter what...

    I could ramble on forever about it, but perhaps that's why I felt this message so deeply in my heart...

    ReplyDelete