Saturday, November 21, 2009

Climbing Into God's Lap

You know what I love to do? Pray.

Oh, I talk to God all the time, and when He puts someone into my mind out of the blue, I know they need a prayer right then and there, so I talk to God about them no matter what else I was doing. And I ask His opinion on things, and as I go through tasks He continually gets His hands right in there with mine to make things go smoothly. His presence is always apparent to me in a very real way.

There are also times when I fall prostrate - spiritually if not physically - and let my broken heart bleed all over his nail-scarred hands. Always, He listens, lets me rant or sob or just cry out to Him for mercy or grace or healing. And I know that He answers, because either He provides what I asked for, or a calm acceptance when He provides what I didn't know I needed. Either way, His hands heal my brokenness.

But there are also special times, when I just want to be His. Those are times when I climb into his lap, which is plenty big enough to hold even me, and lean on Him, and just talk about things. I talk about people who have needs or have asked for prayer or who I just think need talking about. I chatter about the things that would cause anybody's eyes to glaze over with boredom, and I share the secrets that He already knows but that I need to talk about anyway. This is also where I repent and seek mercy, and where I allow myself to feel awestruck by His love for me.

The God Who created everything that was made, Who wove together my parts in my mother's womb, Who sought me out when I refused to acknowledge His existence, and Who keeps the planets on course...the God of Scripture...this is the God who cares so deeply about me that his arms are always open to me, no matter what...and I always will have a place there.

And so can we all. We have the great opportunity to read the greatest Love Story ever written, and through it to know its Author in a more intimate way than we have a right to. But His love for us shines through, and He offers each one of us adoption into His family to become joint heirs with Christ...and to secure a spot on His lap forever and always...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment