Friday, June 18, 2010

Still Hard At Work

Yesterday was a great day, with my DD and her friend Andrew rearranging the living room for me. I have always rearranged every few months - 4-5 times a year - because I get bored easily, and because when you share your space with 10 parrots (even more in the past) it doesn't matter how well you do your cleaning, you will find stuff everywhere once you move your furniture. Plus, in my home there are windows all along the south-facing wall, making it a great place for parrot cages in the winter. But in the summer, they go to the other side of the room where there is a north-facing alcove area with windows. In the summer they are still part of our living space but more out of the way and, of course, out of the sun. They were late getting moved this spring because I simply couldn't do it. In fact, due to health issues, I hadn't rearranged since probably October. You can only imagine the amount of cleaning that had to be done! But the kids were great and got the job done in just a couple of hours.

So today I'm doing all the little stuff, the 2nd day stuff, the lighter stuff that I'm still sometimes capable of doing, like arranging the lamps and small pieces and improving the livability of the new arrangement. Not a big deal but is still causing a lot of pain and, after the first hour, I'm wiped. Was going to try and get through the day without any pain pills but I see now that will be impossible, if I want to do anything at all - and I do! But the job will be done in a few hours and I will have great satisfaction, so it will definitely be worth it and I know I will be happy with the final result. It always feels so comfortable and homey after a good cleaning and a change, and this time will be no different! These times are the highlight of my year, as a homemaker :).

So - break is over - back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment