Friday, June 18, 2010

#Hava - Again

Today Pete installed the Hava system that we got about a month ago. We knew we were going to be rearranging furniture at some point - thought it would be sooner than this - so he waited.

End result: a few minutes ago I was watching Diners Drive-ins & Dives on the TV, on Nellie, and on N8. All at the same time. I've since turned off the TV and closed down the Hava app here on Nellie...but I did that for a few minutes. Just because I could. Heck I can foresee a time when we rarely even turn the TV on - it probably uses most electricity than the Hava box and our N810's or laptops combined, so it will be good for our electric bill too! Speaking of bills, it's also cheaper than Netflix - including the box!

Why we got Hava: I don't fall asleep early in the evening. I'm an owl but I'm married to a lark. I hate going to bed and staring at the ceiling for hours, if I go to bed with Pete, but I dread that time every night when he disappears and here I sit. So I wanted to be able to go to bed with him but still watch my HGTV and Food Network and Discovery Health shows that I like to watch at night. Now, I can, on N8. He can access our satellite box via the Hava box.

Another reason: when I'm online in the van while Pete drives, there's only so much I can do. Being able to watch TV will be something I can do on Nellie while on the road, in waiting rooms (we spend a lot of time in waiting rooms between the 2 of us!), etc.

A 3rd reason is that often one of us wants to watch the TV when the other one doesn't, or sometimes the TV is just too much noise when I'm trying to think about something else, or take bug calls, or whatever. Now, no longer an issue!

Plus, it's cool.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't new electronic toys fun?! Enjoy :-) I want a Nook. I lay here in bed, in the dark till Ethan falls asleep, then take some time to wind down before I go to sleep. Sure would be nice to be able to read a book since I never get to! I'd love to read the Left Behind series again for starters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of eBooks on N8 that I also read at night. And sometimes I play games, or blog or tweet or FB or watch YouTube vids or whatever, too.

    ReplyDelete