Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sundays without church...

...are like hamburgers without catsup. There's something missing as you go through the day. But sleet and freezing rain and my husband's job kept us from church today...it has been several weeks since we've gone, mostly because of either weather or Pete's job, or I was in the hospital one of the Sundays we've missed...

We're a family that goes to church every week, and in-between too. We are one of the most involved couples...or we were. How can we be there for everything (we don't like to miss a thing!) when Pete always has to work, and I don't drive?

Anyway...I spent the day working on my Facebook page, depressed. Cleaned some bird cages, worked on my daughter's computer...didn't accomplish much.

So far I had 5 bites of cottage cheese, 2 containers of yogurt (it's delicious but I like my own home-made yogurt better!), and about a dozen slices hard salami with cream cheese. Plus a couple of cups of coffee with the usual: sweet'n'low, SF vanilla soy milk, and a splash of whole milk. Going out for dinner tonight with daughter and son-in-law, I understand, depends where we go but most places will serve a salad and a piece of some sort of protein. I just have to make sure I'm not ravenous when I go, my biggest downfall has always been eating in restaurants!

Chilly (lower 20's outside) and grey. I should have worked in the shop to get orders out tomorrow, feel tired and limp today though, is it the weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment