Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayers for a friend's family

My heart is heavy for a friend and her husband who are going through a rough patch together with his employment situation. He's a good man, a good provider, a great worker, and has had a very successful career for many years. But all that may not matter, they will find out tomorrow morning whether he will be out of work anyway. If I had a business in his line of work, he'd be the first executive I would hire; in fact, I'd be relying on him to make decisions and advise me. I would trust him that much, and his abilities and honesty and judgment. Any company would be better off for having him on their team - where he is now, they just don't see it... I will be praying for them tonight, not that he gets to keep his job necessarily, but that God will use this situation to get Mike, a generous and loving Christian family man, into a position where he will be able to work in a Christian manner, with respect for others, and where he can shine Christ's light on all he does. Whether that's with his current company or somewhere else. Because "only what's done for Christ will last" and a Christian cannot achieve satisfaction otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment