Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Note About a NIFTY Little Device I Got!



I ordered this last week, and it arrived yesterday, just in time to use on the trip to Midland and back for my appointment!

Now that I have Nellie - and LOVE her - it's so much easier to take her places and use her while riding in the van. Since most of my van-use is browsing (as opposed to typing), I've previously had to try to balance my laptop - or now Nellie - with my left hand while trying to manage the mouse on my leg or wherever I could with the other. Cumbersome indeed!

So I ordered this little finger trackball and instantly life on the road got easier! By the time we hit the expressway I was a'trackin' and a'clickin' like nobody's business. VERY easy to get used to, and so much easier that I'm using it all the time now.

I see that it hasn't gotten good reviews by previous users, and since I've been using it less than 24 hours I am sure that my experiences will be the same: it appears that it wears out fairly easily and isn't built to last. But I like it so much that I will always keep a spare on hand; the thought of using a mouse now doesn't thrill me.

The few people who have seen this, and seen how easy it is to use, have expressed a wish to have one for themselves. I'm tempted to buy a dozen or so, just for when someone tells me they want one - I can whip one out and they can buy it from me, on the spot! (If'n I were a rich woman I'd give them away...just so you know I'm not greedy or anything.)

Anyway, lovin' this little gadget!

1 comment:

  1. That's similar to the one my mom uses with her desktop. She loves it! She's had hers for years.

    ReplyDelete