Thursday, May 20, 2010

First Appointment with the Gastro Doc Today

First, I liked her. She actually spent nearly an hour with me, taking history, asking questions, and examining me. And mostly, she didn't even flinch when I told her that I eat a low-carb high-fat diet. And I think she "got" that I have learned over the years to control my other gastro issues through the use of diet and supplements, and accepted that.

My husband and my sister were with me; both have a medical POA for me. And I was glad that they were able to fill in the blanks and offer their observations, as well as ask questions, that I didn't think of.

She didn't have answers yet of course, and offered up some possibilities. The next step is the scope to have a look-see and grab a biopsy from my stomach. She also mentioned a test to study the rate at which food moves through my stomach, but only scheduled the scope today. That will take place on June 2nd.

As I explained to my husband and sister afterward today, I don't want to speculate or even really much consider the various things she mentioned; I've done that in the past and they were always wrong. One of the things makes more sense than the others, especially given my history...but see? Here I go already, self-diagnosing and anticipating. I REALLY don't want to do that this time, and I don't want to think or talk about what MIGHT be...I want to wait to see what IS.

Will update as I learn, for sure, confirmed, anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment