Thursday, August 2, 2012

Update on Big Nell @aspireonenews

I've always liked Acers and she definitely isn't my first...but she will be my last. First of all, she will have cost me 50% more in labor and shipping fees by the time I get her back - IF they will fix her - than what I originally spent to buy her. Second, their tech support is apparently in India, they have heavy accents I can't understand, speak quickly, and have an attitude when I ask them to slow down. Local tech told me the hard drive is totally dead. Probably why she hasn't worked right since I got her the end of March. Cost me an hour of his labor to find that out, and Acer doesn't supply RMAs for free shipping as part of their "warranty" so I have to pay for that. And I HAVE to send it via UPS or FedEx, he told me they won't accept USPS packages...even though we have no UPS or FedEx office in our town - so add gas to the total. Not even counting that I had to buy a new computer just to do my job when she crashed...(and not an Acer, this is my first non-Acer in years.) A bad machine happens every so often and I can understand that...but I don't do business with companies that have such poor customer support.

No comments:

Post a Comment