Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seeing, Driving, and Living

Ok, so it's been 3 weeks since my cataract surgery. As of Saturday, I'm now driving. Day and night. No problem. I can read standard print books again - even without glasses. I can read fine print that my husband needs a magnifying glass to read...and that's with my old lens in my glasses, which is way too strong according to the doctor that did the surgery (and this is borne out by my experience as well!).

At my one-week post-surgical checkup he was amazed that my eyes were already facing the same direction, and my double-vision was gone. He was very pleased with my progress, as far as my brain and eye working together, and my brain coordinating both eyes to see together, after years of non-use. But not as pleased as I was :).

I look forward to new glasses (which will be my first new pair since 2004). I'm going to go radical. Remember the show Two Fat Ladies? I might get glasses like Jennifer's. THAT would be radical!

Looking forward to having resolution to my gut issues later this year. Arthritis is, well, it's part of getting older...brain changes from my "cerebrovascular event" probably won't resolve if they haven't by now (although God has surprised me before!)...but the two worst things, the things that have impacted my life and caused me more pain and grief than anything, will be resolved by the end of this year.

I am so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are getting a renewed lease on life that you thought was gone. I hope and pray that God will resolve the other medical things so your life will be even more joy filled.

    ReplyDelete