Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 8 - Is It My Imagination, or...

...are the glands in my neck a little less swollen today? Still have headache, stiff neck a little better, pain around my back and ribs a little better, still have sore throat, lack of appetite, feel drained and achy.

I did eat some delicious "breakfast fish" that Pete made, not because I was hungry but because I love breakfast fish. And I did play my keyboard for a few minutes, just a couple of songs, because I miss it...but sitting on the bench was too tiring for any more than that. I'm incredibly bummed that I won't be playing for church tomorrow - or even going to church tomorrow - since I enjoyed my "debut" last week. I'm sorry that they have to use their canned music since so many people told me that they like my keyboard better...

But there are always blessings. I have no choice but to spend my days either in my recliner or in bed...but the view of the yellow, gold, red, and green leaves, with all of the evergreens outside of my window, I wouldn't notice so much if I were busy. Man can't make colors like this, and God is giving me the opportunity to admire His own handiwork in our lovely wooded neighborhood 100' above the lake. There's definitely something to be said for stopping for a while to spend time at quiet pursuits, drawing near to the Lord, and, even with the flu, getting a break from the sometimes-frenetic pace of life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment you left. That is probably the best compliment anyone could give.
    From your post, it sounds like you're on the mend so, hopefully, you'll feel in full swing soon.
    God bless you, my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete